The Bumalift carpooling service is now being offered at Maria Regina College. It is 100% free and offers new features such as a chat function and notifies you when new users sign up in your area.
There will be no change in the normal transport arrangements offered by the school. This is just another option for those who normally use their personal transport.
For those of you who don’t know Bumalift yet, please find below some key information:
- Bumalift is the Maltese carpooling mobile application for parents who want to take turns bringing their children to school.
- A first version was previously launched in January. Since then, the network of schools and users has grown, covering more than 250 parents in Malta.
- See the Bumalift introduction video here: https://youtu.be/
Parents who normally use their transport to drive their children to/from school are invited to join this initiative for the following reasons:
- It’s safe: all parents are registered and have input the unique token linked to this particular school.
- It’s the right time: with the Kappara Junction project starting and the development of High Occupancy Vehicles lanes across Malta (Cars with more than 3 persons including driver are able to use bus lanes), carpooling is a sure way of reaching your destination faster.
- It’s 100% free and allows you to be prepared for the next scholastic year.
Parents will soon receive an email with all information on how to register.
In the meantime, you can contact Bumalift on Facebook or by email: email@example.com